Wednesday 7 November 2012

this is halloween.



I love Halloween. It's a fun holiday that allows you to get your creative hat on, but I wasn't really feeling it this year. I just want Christmas already! So I left my costume choice until just before the party, buying random things throughout the week with the intention of figuring out what I could make from it on the night.


I decided to go as Ophelia, the Hamlet character as painted by John Everett Millais. I also decided I wanted to be a zombie. On top of that, I wanted to wear a blue wig. So in the end, I went as a sort of Ophelia/zombie/Coraline hybrid.


I didn't have anything resembling the romantic, extremely old fashioned dress Ophelia wears, so I just wore a general floral dress to represent the flowers in the water. I wore a flower garland with a large butterfly and berries threaded into it, as I imagine that you'd have all sorts of things in your hair if you floated in the water for an extended period of time. I also put plastic spiders in my hair and crawling up my dress.


Bee

xx

1 comment:

  1. oh i love halloween soooo much! and your costume is absolutely fabulous! i adore it ;)
    kiss,mary
    http://www.maryloucinnamon.com/

    ReplyDelete