Friday 30 November 2012

We'll frolic and play the eskimo way



Just thought I'd share a few photographs from two winters ago. It snowed all December, which is not too common. It usually comes a little later, normally around February. One of my favourite Christmas memories was made on 24th December that year, as I sat before the bay window in my cosy, rustic living room with the log fire burning, just watching the snow fall and knowing that when I woke up tomorrow on Christmas morning, the ground would be blanketed white. I'm hoping for a similar snowfall this year!

I recall (with a fondness quite mismatched, given that it made me terribly ill) it snowing so heavy one day that my parents  and I had to abandon the car and trek all the way home in very deep snow. My parents took refuge in a pub on the way for a drink to warm their bellies, but I went off by myself the rest of they way, and I remember it making me feel very, very Christmassy.  The photographs above were taken just after I got back.

The top two were taken in my back garden - the pumpkin was still there, rotting away, from when I had carved it at Halloween. The bottom two were in my front garden.

2 comments:

  1. The pumpkin photo is my favorite. It is pretty but also a bit sad and eerie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, it's my favourite too.

      Delete