Monday 1 April 2013

A Writer's Dream

The day before yesterday, my insane grandmother (wouldn't have her any other way!) and I drove to the quaint nearby town of Bridgnorth to attend the Mad March Vintage Fair. Bridgnorth is beautiful little place, very traditional. The High Town is set up a hill before the River Severn, with narrow little streets and Victorian shop fronts. It's served by adorable 1950s cable cars. It looks sort of fairytale-ish, complete with its own river, grand bridge and (ruined) castle! Isn't it just a writer's dream? According to King Charles II, Bridgnorth has the 'finest view in all my kingdom'!

Of course, I didn't have a camera with me, so I found some from the web. I've given credit where I can find it, but if any photographers want me to take them down, I'll do so gladly!

image source: www.middlesevernangling.uk.com
Ruins of Bridgnorth Castle, built in 1101 (image source: Wikipedia)
image source: http://aboutbridgnorth.com
picture source: wikipedia
image source: www.swnynant.co.uk
image source: www.virtual-shropshire.co.uk

If you're still here, I bought a beautiful 1950s dress from the fair from Maisie's Closet Vintage and an adorable Jackie Kennedy-style 1960s baby blue suit with little bows from the wonderful Vix of Kinky Melon. I'll be wearing the dress on holiday (yay!) soon, so I'll post pictures then.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment